[buug] Secure Shell Success?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Aug 5 11:39:12 PDT 2000

begin Zeke Krahlin quotation:

> I figured, what with high-level encryption and all, that it boiled
> down to being no more risky than logging in as a user.

But you lose the information that would otherwise be on record as to
which regular user employed root authority.  This is why most of us
disable root logins, in /etc/ssh/sshd_config .  ("PermitRootLogin no")

However, you're going to have to fix your apparently rather severe
system permissions problem, before you deal with such things.

--
Cheers,                              "Open your present...."
Rick Moen                            "No, you open your present...."