[buug] Great Links re. Internet/Linux Security

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Aug 6 13:14:00 PDT 2000

begin  Nicolai Rosen quotation:
> No. The world isn't black and white. There are many different levels of
> physical security.  [...]

Right, then.  You have a bank of x86 Linux machines on which I (among
other users) am allowed to use the console, including physical access to
the floppy drives.  You have charged someone with supervising the room.
You've password-protected LILO, and the system ROM BIOS.  Question,
Nicolai:  Can I get root inside of 60 seconds, anyway?

And how much do you want to bet on that?

Cheers,                              "Open your present...."
Rick Moen                            "No, you open your present...."
rick (at) linuxmafia.com             Kaczinski Christmas.
               --  Unabomber Haiku Contest, CyberLaw mailing list