[buug] Great Links re. Internet/Linux Security

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Aug 11 10:25:13 PDT 2000

begin Christopher Sullivan quotation:

> 4.  Most importantly, encrypt frequently and often, and know how to
> properly use encryption tools.

That reminds me:  The monthly Cypherpunks South Bay gathering is this
Saturday, noon to 5:30 PM, at Tressider Student Union at Stanford U.
(Berkeyites can attend under a flag of truce.)  Also, a bunch of the
Cypherpunks are evidently going to migrate in the evening over to the
CABAL meeting and barbecue at my house, which starts at 4 PM.

Among the topics of conversation will be planning for RSA petent
expiration celebrations.

> And, for deity's sake, keep your private keysets on a floppy that you
> keep in your pocket....

I've often thought that the credit-card-sized CD-ROM format used for the
Linuxcare Bootable Business Card and similar things would be just the
ticket, if you could store it in some kind of hard case.  Unfortunately,
the plastic used will crack, if stored in one's pocket the regular way,
including putting it in your wallet.

--
Cheers,                              "Open your present...."
Rick Moen                            "No, you open your present...."