[buug] User Lists: more than Linux

Zeke Krahlin ezekielk at iname.com
Fri Feb 18 03:38:39 PST 2000

Rick Moen's list of LUG lists has proven a real time saver, as I have
registered BUUG with them all, in a short half hour. These are:

http://www.ssc.com/glue/
http://lugww.counter.li.org/
http://nlug.org/webring/
http://www.LinuxMall.com/LinuxUserGroups.html
http://www.redhat.com/community/
http://www.linux.org/users/
http://www.linux.com/links/Community/User_Groups/LUGs/
http://www.linux.com/lug/
http://dmoz.org/Computers/Software/Operating_Systems/Linux/User_Groups/

One of them is a web ring, which requires their HTML fragment to be
displayed
on our home page. Fine, but for one thing: we are not just a LUG, but an
UUG!
To have just a Linux ring displayed would be unfair to other Unix users
(BSD,
Unix, etc).

So I want to also sign up with similar group lists (or web rings) for BSD,
Unix, Solaris,
etc. users. Does anyone know a URL to one or more such lists? Due to my
newbie-
ness, I have to resort to search engines, which may not give the best
results. So
far, I've found just this:

	UNIX Users' Groups (UUGs) Aound The World
	http://www.sluug.org/~newton/othr_uug.html

---
FreeISP Cubs BBS & Chat
http://www5.50megs.com/fnc