[buug] Re: [Buug-admin] Defaced FreeISPCubs board!!

Zeke Krahlin ezekielk at netzero.net
Sat Feb 26 00:06:28 PST 2000

Paulina K Nis wrote:
>I am sorry to be a bearer of bad news.

I know how *that feels; I've been there too!  :(

>The start page of FreeISPCubs has been defaced, as you probably have learned by now.

No, I was too busy to log on for a couple days. Well, I kind of
expected those M$ zealots
who last got the board shut down, to be very upset to see us rise
up again. No rest for
the wicked (even less for the good).

>Rest assured I had nothing to do with it.

Goes without saying. You've been not just an excellent teacher,
but a great sport through it all.

>In fact, I think I know who did this....PIMPP.

Quite possibly, as he led the previous battle. His board at
http://www0.delphi.com/dunetcentral/, seems completely free of
any defacement.

>Click on his profile in Delphi and you will see that this nasty
>spoiled brat has listed our defaced page as one of his favorite sites!

Well, my "favoite sites" list (under a different handle) also
says that now, too. Apparantly, whoever had access to my sysop
account, just changed the title of my site...and this was
reflected on anyone's account. But my own account is defunct, so
I can't log in and correct things.

I just checked out Delphi's host forum, and there is no mention
of any hacker defacement activity; and therefore strongly
indicates our likely attacker as one or more from DuNetCentral.

>Did you by any chance make him or anyone else a board administrator,
>with rights to make such changes?

Nope. Only I have access to sysop controls...under "normal"
circumstances.

>Or perhaps a cronie Delphi employee was in on it as well.

This is very likely, as the M$ zealots like PIMPP are not the
bright hackers they think they are. And someone did mess with my
account.

>Oh well.  Will have to rise from the ashes, again...

Thanks again, for alerting me to this. Let's continue our
discussion off-list, so as not to distract others. I will create
a new account tonight, and set up a new board. Then, the message
board link from my home page will take visitors to our second
resurrection.

---
FreeISPCubs BBS & Chat
http://www5.50megs.com/fnc