[buug] Re: Jackpot!

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Jul 8 01:10:12 PDT 2000

begin  Nicolai Rosen quotation:

> Actually, I'd say that there's an even more straight-forward and obvious
> answer or perhaps question: What are you on & can I have some of whatever
> it is? When's the last time you repaired your own car or did something to
> it yourself any more complex than putting gas in the tank? People only
> consider cars simple because when they break or need to be upgraded they
> pay somebody else to do it. The same goes for computers. (For the record
> I repair my own car and operate my own computer)

Umm, Nicolai -- the hypothetical questioner's point is that he _wants_
computers to become exactly like that.

They can't, as long as they remain _computers_ -- general-purpose
computing devices.  Thus my point, that computers are _not_ in fact
what such users want.

rick (at) linuxmafia.com                      Or denied.  So there.