[buug] Problems installing open-ssh

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jul 20 14:31:00 PDT 2000

begin  Bill Schoolcraft quotation:

> The Mandrake version offers (offsite) "Crypto Packages" during the
> installation and I had the openssh-* packages fail during the
> installations also. And this was the latest Mandrake-7.1 (boxed set)
> flavor.

There are rough instructions written by Kurt Seifried for
securityportal.com.  They're no longer on the site, but Google still has
it in cache:

http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:www.securityportal.com/lskb/articles/kb10000035.html+OpenSSH+installation&hl=en

(He says "Requires RSA, in USA you must use RSAREF."  Please understand
that this does not refer to a technical requirement, but rather a
crippling of the RSA implementation one must do if one wishes to comply
with RSA Data Security, Inc.'s patent rights that will expire on
2000-09-20.)

Perhaps more useful:
http://www.openssh.com/install.html

Also:
http://www.cedarlug.org/presentations/4-11-2000-miller-clear-text/text9.htm
http://violet.ibs.com.au/openssh/files/INSTALL
http://www.securityportal.com/research/ssh-part2.html

--
Cheers,                              "Open your present...."
Rick Moen                            "No, you open your present...."