[buug] Problems installing open-ssh

Zeke Krahlin zk_lists at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 20 22:23:46 PDT 2000

--- dgjs at acm.org wrote:
> Forget the RPMs.  I've had no trouble building 'ssh' from sources and
> installing it on Linux, Solaris, and FreeBSD.

Okay. But I tried installing the sources after my initial failure to
install from an RPM. However, I will try this again, as I didn't keep a
record of what went wrong on my first attempt.

> Are you sure that you don't have 'zlib' on your system?

Well, I don't know if it was there in the first place. I just know that
it's there now:

/usr/lib/libbz2.a
/usr/lib/libbz2.so
/usr/lib/libbz2.so.0