[buug] Using "cp" to backup/clone

Zeke Krahlin zk_lists at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 31 00:21:07 PDT 2000

I have come up with a simple backup routine, where everything under
"/home" is copied to a vfat partition, like so:

     cp -Rpuv /home /mnt/hda1/Linux

However, I want to *clone the /home folder, not just copy. it. What I
mean by "clone" is this: "Copy any new or changed files from the source to
the destination, and remove any files from destination which no longer
exist in source. Otherwise, don't copy any files that haven't been
altered."

Any idea what additional option or method I could use? TIA

=====
Zeke Krahlin
zk_lists at yahoo.com
---