[buug] Mouse problem in Linux

ezekielk at iname.com ezekielk at iname.com
Tue Jun 6 23:06:56 PDT 2000

Playing around with Corel Linux 1.1, I am impressed at its user friendliness for my clients (who are dumping Windoze). But the damn mouse won't work, and there is no "mouseconfig" utility which I expected to run in the console. (I know, I tried to run it as root, but the program was not found; and a search revealed it to not even exist. Nor does Corel seem to have a way to change the mouse setting in its menus.)

My mouse is a generic 2-button, works fine in other OS's, including Mandrake 6.1. I believe I found the problem, but don't know how to resolve it:

Under folder "/etc" I found the file "devices", which seems to have set my mouse as PS/2:

   [mouse.1]
           protocol = PS/2
           driver = psaux
           device = /dev/psaux

I believe I'll have to edit these lines for my serial mouse on the first serial port, for which I imagine the third line should be changed to:

   device = /dev/ttyS0

but I have no idea of what to place in the two lines above. I haven't come across any documentation to help me on this. Does anyone reading my message know? It's keeping me from developing the desktop for my clients, and I'd like to move a little faster. TIA.

---
Cyberspace: love it or leave it!