[buug] Mouse problem in Linux

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jun 7 04:33:07 PDT 2000

begin  ezekielk at iname.com quotation:

> My mouse is a generic 2-button, works fine in other OS's, including
> Mandrake 6.1. I believe I found the problem, but don't know how to
> resolve it:

Naw.  You'll want to look at the manpage for "gpm", the general-purpose
mouse driver.

See also:  http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/3-Button-Mouse-8.html

And make /dev/mouse a symlink to whatever port (/dev entry) your mouse
is on.

By the way, you really ought to configure your mail reader to compose
posts with each line less than 80 columns.  This paragraph-long-line
thing is a bit obnoxious.

--
Cheers,     "Not using Microsoft products is like being a non-smoker 40 or 50
Rick Moen    years ago:  You can choose not to smoke, yourself, but it's hard