[buug] Re: [Buug-admin] Message to BUUG Administration

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jun 12 12:00:05 PDT 2000

begin  Christopher Sullivan quotation:

> Somebody who knows, say, BSD and Solaris can easily command a
> six-figure salary here in the Bay Area.

Exposure to more *ixes is better than fewer.  If you can pick up
familiarity with HP/UX and AIX, too, all the better.  Just don't learn
SCO, as it increases the already frightening possibility of having to
administer a SCO box.

> If you have not picked up a copy of it already, I would strongly
> recommend O'Reilly's "Essential System Administration" book, writteen
> by Aeleen Frisch.

Add Evi Nemeth's, just for the bookend effect.  ;->

--
Cheers,               It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Rick Moen          It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,