[buug] Printing to Unix printer

Tom DeSot tomd at sacefcu.org
Fri Jun 30 13:55:10 PDT 2000

I've got a question for the group that no one has been able to help me
figure out.

Here goes....

I've got a box running linux (specifically the one from www.freesco.org)
that is acting as a print server for an HP 4+.  Now I can print to it using
some addtional software from pretty much any windows box, but I can't seem
to print to it from my OpenBSD box.  I'm printing tcp to port 515 on the PC.

I've tried several printcap files and it never prints anything out.  When I
look at my print debug files it tells me it can't resolve the host.  Funny
thing though, I used another print test utility and it spit out what I had
just tried to print from lpr.

Am I missing something in my printcap file to force the page feed?  Has
anyone had this experience and found that it just won't work?

I'd really appreciate any help that could be given.

Thanks.

Tom