[buug] Excellent Newbie Linux Site

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Mar 7 10:59:08 PST 2000

Quoting ezekielk at iname.com (ezekielk at iname.com):

> I have found this site that is focused on new
> Linux users:
>
>      http://www.control-escape.com/
>
> It gets down to the nitty-gritty in plain English,
> tells you what you should do first after
> installing Linux, and gives you all the
> basic information a newbie needs to know. I am
> very impressed with this site, and am avidly reading
> its many very digestible documents.

Hmm.  It suffers from Microsoft tunnel vision.

You'll learn a lot more, more-useful things, and more quickly, from
reading Linux Gazette (http://www.linuxgazette.com/) the HOWTOs
at the Linux Documentation Project (http://www.linuxdoc.org/), and
good tutorial books like Matt Welsh's _Running Linux_.

rick (at) linuxmafia.com  modern-American-English-usage-improvement association