[buug] Job offer for scripter

Zeke Krahlin ezekielk at netzero.net
Wed Mar 8 21:06:50 PST 2000

I ran into someone who is looking to employ a programmer beyond
my limited capabilities...specifically: someone who can write
java and cgi scripts in the Windoze NT environment. (I'm not a
head-hunter; I don't get paid for this, just the satisfaction of
helping out others in our PC/hacker community.)

Right now, I just accepted a position as web page designer
(artist's eye/layout kind of stuff), but they're also looking for
a scripter...as well as a good server host that doesn't crash
often. It's a small business, costume boutique, very successful,
in San Francisco. The owner would prefer to work with the
scripter in-house, though I'm sure the position is flexible in
this and other regards. I don't think the job is regular, but
contracted on an as-need basis.

They presently pay for a business server that, frustratingly,
crashes once or twice a week...and the owners really don't want
that to happen especially on weekends. They want to know if
Pacific Bell's service for small business hosting is any good?
Can anyone recommend a reliable server for small businesses, that
rarely crashes, and retains a high level of fast page-loading,
even during peak hours?

Anyone interested in contacting the business owner, re. a
position as scripter, please let me know, and I'll put you in
touch with them, and give you their website URL so you can take a
look-see at their present service.

---
ICQ: 8485235
Fax: 507-226-4426