[buug] $99 LCD screen

Zeke Krahlin ezekielk at gmx.net
Tue Mar 14 21:51:44 PST 2000

While checking out Circuit City this eve., I noticed a lovely 10"
LCD monitor that comes with the "Netpliance i-opener"...which
costs $99 (plus $21 monthly connection fee). So it occurred to
me: "Hey! $99 is pretty cheap for a decent LCD screen like this.
Maybe I could just buy the system, and skip the monthly
fees...and pay a hacker to rewired the LCD to work on my desktop
system."

Is such a trick in the realms of possibility to anyone in our
local community? If so, I'm sure others would go for this, too,
for their own purposes. I'd gladly pay someone to set this up for
me, too.

---
ICQ: 8485235
Fax: 507-226-4426