[buug] Mouse not reacting in Linux upgrade

Zeke Krahlin ezekielk at netzero.net
Wed Mar 15 21:58:19 PST 2000

I just upgraded from Mandrake 6.1 to 7.0...took about 1.5 hours
to complete. I noticed that, through the enitire install, the
mouse was not responding at all...the cursor just remained there,
in the screen center, for the entire process. Otherwise, a very
smooth and user-friendly installaltion.

Okay, so I loaded my new Linux, but the mouse is still not
recognized. I managed to locate "mousedrake", by letting my
fingers do the walking. I ran it, and attempted all the possible
installs: "generic mouse", "generic 3-button mouse", "MS mouse",
and "Mouse systems mouse".

I use a generic mouse that worked just fine in Mandrake 6.1 all
along, as a 3-button, or as a 2-button generic mouse. It is
actually a cirque touchpad, which runs on most generic drivers.
The COM1 connection is okay, as it works fine (as usual) in DOS
and Windoze98.

I don't know how to locate help in this matter, in the plenitude
of "how-to's", so if someone can direct me to the correct
resource re. mouse troubleshooting, I'll gladly comply. I *hate
not having access to my Linux box!

---
Ezekiel J. ("I couldn't hack my way
out of a virtual paper bag") Krahlin