[buug] Mouse not reacting in Linux upgrade

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Mar 17 16:23:56 PST 2000

Quoting Zeke Krahlin (ezekielk at netzero.net):

> Okay, my mouse is now working just fine. Don't know what the
> problem was, in the first place...but it worked after re-booting
> Linux. (How ironic.)

Usually, it's something like having launched gpm (the general-purpose
mouse driver, which is for console mode) in a manner that then conflicts
with X.  Maybe, your reboot allowed you to enter X without gpm running.

Many problems can be solved by looking at the process table (the "ps"
and "top" commands).

--
Cheers,                   The cynics among us might say:   "We laugh,
Rick Moen                 monkeyboys -- Linux IS the mainstream UNIX now!