[buug] Linux Security Site

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Mar 17 17:26:06 PST 2000

Quoting Zeke Krahlin (ezekielk at netzero.net):

>> (2) Try the breakout methods I mentioned.
>
> That would be only if the entire system is not frozen, correct?

The functional definition of "frozen" is "no method of gaining control
that I know of, works".

Think about it.  The more ways you're aware of to gain control, the
fewer situations in which you conclude, by default, that "the system is
frozen".

> I am not connected to any other system; purely stand-alone at
> this time.

Well, now you know yet another reason why networks are A Good Thing.

> That is probably the most likely case. However, I rely on several
> important Internet services that heavily use Javascript...such as
> my message board provided by Delphi. (Maybe not, though, I'll
> give it another try.)

You might consider this a hint from the gods -- since, after all,
Javascript is Evil and Must Die.  ;->

rick (at) linuxmafia.com  modern-American-English-usage-improvement association