[buug] Netscape crashes

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Mar 17 22:09:52 PST 2000

Quoting Michael Higashi (mhigashi at hooked.net):

> Could it also be due to borderline-bad hardware? I notice at the
> CoffeeNet, one system seems to hang in Netscape much more frequently
> then other supposedly identical systems.

You're absolutely right.

Zeke, if you happen to have Netscape up most of the time, and suffer
crashes because of (say) a RAM defect, then you might wrongly blame
hardware-caused crashes on the software you happened to be using
at that time.

This might correlate in an especially misleading manner if it _is_
a RAM defect that Netscape happens to hit more than most applications
because it's larger in RAM than most.

rick (at) linuxmafia.com  modern-American-English-usage-improvement association