[buug] RE: Buug digest, Vol 1 #37 - 15 msgs

Michael Uman michaelauman at thegrid.net
Sat Mar 18 21:57:03 PST 2000

Hello,

I have noticed that while running Netscape 4.0 which came with my Mandrake
distro, that my swap space just keeps on getting eatten up. I have allocated
about 80M to swap space, and after running NS for about 1/2 hour my swap
space is 'virtually' gone. Even after I close Netscape, the swap space goes
down, but not as much as it should. I have even killed all remaining
Netscape deamons which appear to be sitting around waiting for mail or
something.

I like Netscape, but hasn't anyone working on the Open Source Mozilla
project plugged this bug yet? It seems like a debugging tool should be able
to catch this mistake. In the meantime, I have been using KMail which runs
in the KDE desktop. This EMail client is pretty useful for standard email. I
used Eudora many years ago and I may end up checking it out again.

I am still using my Windoze NT machine for most of my Email now. I have just
opened a new account for my Linux ISP {OneMain sux for Linux support, or any
support for that matter... IMHO}.

Later,
Michael Uman
Sr Software Engineer