[buug] Highly Recommended Linux Ref. Book

Zeke Krahlin ezekielk at netzero.net
Thu Mar 30 04:16:10 PST 2000

A member of the I-opener mailing list, gave kudos to a new Linux
reference book:

---begin kudos:

I just picked up a *great* Linux desk reference  yesterday at
Fry's  Electronics.  Its the 'Linux Desk Reference', by Scott
Hawkins.  Amazon has  it (read the reviews) at:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0130163910/qid=954259809/sr=1-59/103-3101241-9139026

It has all the commands, clearly explained, neatly  organized,
with examples, tips, and diagrams to explain each one.  Its
pretty  easy to understand, and really helped a lot last night
when i was setting up  my sound card and  needed to know the
right commands.  Its a high quality book printed on good paper,
not the cheap stuff, so it will be pretty durable.  Plus, even
though it is 545 pages, its not a large book like most other
references, so can be
hidden away easily next to your monitor for quick reference.

---end of kudos

---
Ezekiel J. ("I couldn't hack my way
out of a virtual paper bag") Krahlin