[buug] Why do I like NetBSD over Linux?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri May 5 10:04:59 PDT 2000

Quoting Jon McClintock (jammer at weak.org):

>   "The current development kernel release is still 2.3.99-pre6. There is a
>    pre-prepatch for 2.3.99-pre7 available in its fourth revision as of this
>    writing."
>
> Huh?

I like NetBSD a lot, too (though I prefer FreeBSD on applicable
hardware).

However, what _that_ means is that Alan Cox was up late, that night,
and decided to offer a patch even more experimental than his usual,
I-can't-wait-for-the-next-official-beta patches.

--
Cheers,                 "Heedless of grammar, they all cried 'It's him!'"
Rick Moen                       -- R.H. Barham, _Misadventure at Margate_
rick at linuxmafia.com