[buug] Windows linux internet sharing

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Nov 21 08:29:53 PST 2000

begin sah at borf.com quotation:

> I thought redhat 7 had usb support.  Am I mistaken?

USB is, of course, a matter of one's kernel, not (particularly) one's
distribution.  The Linux kernel's USB drivers have been developed in the
2.3 beta kernels, and have been backported to the latter 2.2 stable
kernels:  http://www.linux-usb.org/

Some distribution packagers elect to include beta drivers in the
prepackaged kernels their installers use.  Red Hat Software may do that:
I don't really do Red Hat 7, having a fondness for binary compatibility.

In any event, one is _in no way_ limited to the driver support in one's
distribution's default kernel.  That's the sort of thing gcc is there
for.

--
Cheers,                                      "Reality is not optional."
Rick Moen                                             -- Thomas Sowell
rick at linuxmafia.com