[buug] Inexpensive DSL

Zeke Krahlin ezekielk at weak.org
Wed Sep 13 03:52:14 PDT 2000

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Rick Moen wrote:

> More often than not, assertions like this are fundamentally mistaken,
> e.g., confusing "Winfire" the aDSL service with the inevitable flashy
> "Winfire" software bundle best used to level furniture.

I would tend to agree with you on this. The standards provided by a lot of
free Internet services have deteriorated considerably, in the last few
months. So it's easy to imagine all sorts of nuisances oozing out of
Winfire.

>  If you can't afford a real provider, get a job.

I can't afford a real provider, and I have a job.

> Life's too short to nickle-and-dime yourself into dealing
> with such outfits.

I forgot: you're a mere mortal.

> Look, guys, the bandwidth elves are a myth

Well, they don't believe in you, either! Besides, a myth is as good as a
mile.

Anyway, thanks guys for your input. Being extremely jaded over the
horrible level of services provided on the 'net--both free and retail--I
think I will just sit and wait a while longer, for when DSL goes
mainstream with real price wars.

---
LAVENDAR VELVET REVOLUTION
Disgusted with our "choices" for next U.S. president?
Write me in: Ezekiel J. Krahlin, gay activist,
homeless and civil rights advocate. To make
an informed decision about me, peruse my website:
http://surf.to/gaybible