[buug] Re: [Buug-admin] Mr Tiemann's unauthorized

Feedlebom feedle at feedle.net
Tue Sep 26 18:10:52 PDT 2000

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Rick Moen wrote:

> [Snip Stanco from distribution]

Can I snip him from this reality sphere?

> The term "support" is always such a politically-loaded term.  If you
> make the mistake of calling up an ISP (either the sales staff or the
> support department; it doesn't matter) and asking them if they "support
> Linux", their answer is almost always an emphatic "no".

Good point.  However, in just about every major market there is at least
one ISP that does, indeed "support" Linux in the true sense of that word.

> Translation:   I'm too lazy and clueless to use anything else.
>
> But we knew that.

Somebody get Stallman on the phone and warn him.

> 10 to 1 odds that he _won't_ do it.

Well, he did get an account at linuxmail.com... so there's hope.

-Fedl