[buug] Can't get Linux to see more than 2 GiB on 75GXP

Patrick Soltani psoltani at ultradns.com
Thu Dec 20 09:06:37 PST 2001

Is the drive scsi or IDE?
If ide, then have you checked the LBA, Logical Block Addressing, in the
bios?
I have run into situations that simply instructing the bios to handle
the ide disk with LBA enable resolves the size problem.
If scsi disk, then I would do a low level format of the scsi device.
Usually the adaptor allows you to do this via a key-stroke/menu or the
manufacturer has a utility that you run off of a floppy, usually DOS
based, and takes care of this.

Good luck.

Regards,
Patrick Soltani.