[buug] SCO UnixWare 7.1.1 and SSH ?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Jan 2 10:14:00 PST 2001

begin Feedlebom quotation:

> First off, OpenSSH supports SSH version 2 protocols.  Additionally, the
> non-free version of SSH has licensing restrictions, which you do not need
> to deal with on OpenSSH.  Lastly, my own personal opinion is that OpenSSH
> has better performance tha the commercial SSH.

Remember, if you're installing from source code, that you need not only
the OpenSSH tarball, but also the OpenSSL libs and zlib, both of which
you must compile and install first.  Also, on many Unixes, you'll want
the "Entropy-Gathering Daemon" (which isn't necessary on Linux).

--
Cheers,     "There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a
Rick Moen   little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider