[buug] SCO UnixWare 7.1.1 and SSH ?

Bill Schoolcraft bill at wiliweld.com
Tue Jan 2 11:59:15 PST 2001

At Tue, 2 Jan 2001 it looks like Rick Moen composed:

RM-->And, by the way, I hope you're using the GNU make utility.  OpenSSH
RM-->may or may not build with other versions of "make".
RM-->

(giggle)

Actually your to blame for this (grin) ......... After talking to
you at the installfest I mentioned that if HP-UX had an "Intel" port
I'd be running that too at home alongside the FreeBSD, and
Solaris-8, and the regular Linux suspects.

You then mentioned that I could port "SCO" to Intel. Within 90
minutes I was at home and ordered the media-kit at
http://www.sco.com/offers/

The OS has the same "feel behind the wheel" as Solaris-8 but I
hadn't brought the system up to speed yet. I went to install it at
work but the NIC (Netgear) wasn't supported so I have to bring a
spare Intel-PRO from home tomorrow along with a removable drive
tray.

The "GNU" cd that came with it had all the gnu tools and I saw the
ssh program find the gcc during the ./configure part of the dance. I
should have written down the error but didn't think I'd be posting
this anywhere. I already have people saying "WHY DO YOU WANT TO RUN
SCO ??" and then I ask them "Have you ???" and then they say
"no" then I dismiss their comment.

--
Bill Schoolcraft
PO Box 210076