[buug] DNS problem?

Blake Golliher gnuman at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 8 14:20:33 PDT 2001

On Monday 08 October 2001 13:41, DBSLinux wrote:
> I am trying to setup a linux server as a router. Right now I can use lynx
> to browse the web from the linux server. From the WIN98 workstations I can
> ping the linux server and can ping the dns server but can not ping anything
> that is using a name. I can not get any of the win98 pcs to browse the web.
> Can anyone give some ideas where to start looking for a solution to this
> problem.
>
> Regards!!

Sounds like your not cacheing right.

check out http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/DNS-HOWTO.html for some info on that,
particularly the caching info.  It sounds like you are using your ISP's DNS
servers, on your linux server, and your clients aren't able to, because they
can't resolve ns1.isp.net to the ip of it.

Blake ~=)