[buug] Corel WordPerfect isn't...

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Sep 11 13:05:03 PDT 2001

begin Claude Rubinson quotation:

To repeat:  http://linuxmafia.com/pub/linux/apps/

> The really crucial thing, of course, is the .wpd file format.  Does anyone
> know if any of the Unix wordprocessors can handle WP's file format?

Judging by its Open File dialogue, Star Office 5.2 doesn't, which seems
to make it unlikely that Open Office pre-6.0 build 633 does.  KWord
appears to offer only HTML, its own XML-based format, ApplixWord, ASCII,
and some KPresenter formats.

So, I guess you'll have to fall back on WP 8.0.  ;->

--
Cheers,              "Not using Microsoft products is like being a non-smoker
Rick Moen           40 or 50 years ago:  You can choose not to smoke, yourself,