[buug] Q license

Ian Zimmerman itz at speakeasy.org
Fri Apr 5 10:18:44 PST 2002

itz> For what it's worth, I have a much greater problem with the QPL
itz> (which covers the Qt toolkit on which Konqureror is based, and
itz> maybe Konqureror itself) than with [NM]PL.

Chris> Did you even bother to look at Konqueror's licensing before you
Chris> posted this?

Chris> First off, qt's licensing has recently been changed.  Secondly,
Chris> on any debian box simply looking at
Chris> /usr/doc/konqueror/copyright would have told you that the vast
Chris> majority of the KDE pieces are GPL or LGPL.

Chris> Research, then comment.

If you read my post again, you'll notice I wrote "maybe" about
Konqueror.  That also makes it sufficiently clear, I believe, that I
didn't read the copyright file for that specific package.

My comment was based on recent very personal and very painful
experience with the Q license and another unrelated piece of software,
and my knowledge (still correct, AFAIK) that Qt itself is covered by it.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087