[buug] Free BSD on a Dell Latitude LM Laptop

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Tue Apr 9 20:00:18 PDT 2002

Hi Gurus,

I have a dell Latitude LM and want to install FreeBSD 4.4 on
it. I have the 2 floppies to set up the retrieve from the
FreeBSD site. I have a linksys PCMCIA external card to
connect to my LAN and connect to the network. The FreeBsd
book says to specify card0 as well as  the settings of the
linksys PCMCIA nic card. These are io=0x300 irq=11 I am not
sure of how to
setup card0.

When I try to set the kernel section and then go to the
installer I get a warning about the 11 irq may be a problem.
But I can't get the eth0 ( which is what linksys says is
NE2000 compatible setting  to show up in the "go to" for
installing the nic and loading the FreeBSD from the network.

Any help would be appreciated.

Aloha! Al Plant -Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.80/mo.  Member Small
Business Hawaii.
Running Caldera Linux 2.4 & FreeBSD 4.4 UNIX
Support Open Source in Business and Computing. Phone
808-622-0043