[buug] reply need some help getting setting up

Brian Sobolak sobolak at myrealbox.com
Fri Apr 26 13:30:30 PDT 2002

On 4/26/02 11:44 AM, "Michael Salmon" <ms at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> From the private messages and public discussion on this topic, it seems
> there is a lot of interest in learning how to do this sort of thing.
> I am new to the list and curious if there have been any meetings
> with discussions or lessons on useful technologies? Sounds like a
> buug meeting where someone shows how to setup a sample network
> would be welcomed. If there was enough interest and I had some help
> getting computers to and from some venue, I would consider creating
> a free demonstration of setting up a unix firewall to control a private
> network. Then I could let everyone try to hack it.
> And of course people there would have to be pizza and drinks ;-)

You should hook up with the people at BAFUG.  They pretty much do all of the
above and always need speakers.  Www.baguf.org.

Unfortunately I don't think BUUG has the facilities for this, mostly because
the place we meet doesn't have a place where we can setup equipment.
Certainly sounds interesting though.

> Sounds a bit funner then the boring perl user groups where people talk
> about the new features in 5.6 and how awesome mod_perl is.

(just to make you feel a bit like you're at home)

Mod_perl is awesome.

On a slightly different note, anyone using Apache 2.0?

Brian

--
What planet are you on?         http://www.planetshwoop.com/
This is how I think             http://www.planetshwoop.com/blog/