[buug] linux is out of control

Ian Zimmerman itz at speakeasy.org
Mon Aug 5 09:15:50 PDT 2002

With the release of linux 2.4.19 last weekend, the unpacked source
tree is about 160M large.

Does anyone else see this as a problem (before you reply "disk space
is cheap" please think about my sig just this once), and if so, what
solutions or measures can you suggest to deal with it?

As an example of the kind of answer I'm hoping for, long ago I
actually used to trim the tree by deleting the parts I had no use
for.  I don't remember what changes I had to make in the build process
to have "make config" etc. behave correctly, though.

Thanks for your thoughts,

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087