[buug] linux is out of control

Ian Zimmerman itz at speakeasy.org
Mon Aug 5 10:17:42 PDT 2002

itz> With the release of linux 2.4.19 last weekend, the unpacked
itz> source tree is about 160M large.

jan> i'd simply grab the patches, and occasionally clean out the
jan> source tree.  this should help keep the bulk and bloat down.

Okay, this gives me something to consider.  Right now I keep the whole
tree for each patchlevel.  I'll see if I can automate the process of
applying the last patch, applying detached patches (like Robert Love's
scheduler patch) and building.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087