[buug] AT&T Cable Modem?

Aaron T Porter atporter at primate.net
Mon Aug 5 14:07:03 PDT 2002

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 04:04:03PM -0400, Claude Rubinson wrote:
> I'm in the process of moving and am considering switching from PacBell DSL
> to AT&T cable modem.  What experiences have y'all had with AT&T cable
> modem service (under Linux) out here in Berkeley?  (I've been with PacBell
> since I got out here and, overall, they've been pretty good.)

	Though it doesn't really answer your question, I'll insert my
obligatory RawBandwidth plug. Small, local ISP that is *nix friendly and
offers impeccable service. When you fire up bc to figure out if that
transfer rate can possibly be real, it's a good sign :)

	While I've never used a AT&T cable, some of the recent news about
moves to tiered pricing, their stance on running "servers", etc would make
me think at least twice.