Re. [buug] Security Matters and Anti-Matters

Ezekiel Krahlin ezekielk at myrealbox.com
Wed Aug 7 17:04:50 PDT 2002

8/7/02 4:01:52 PM, Jon McClintock <jammer at weak.org> wrote:

>Hey Zeke,
>
>In the time you've been gone, BUUG has grown alot; there are much less
>people interested in your dialogs on religion and sexuality. Could you
>please try to stay on topic on the mailing list?

Jon, Jon, Jon. There is more HACKER HUMOR in it than anything else..but so what? It's all in good fun...and I
know how hacker's appreciate a sense of humor that incorporates computer terms such as "safe hex".

I think there should be no problem at all, with some humor now and then. And certainly my mockery of religion and
sexuality--through the eyes of a hacktivist admirer--is good laughs on such lists. Most atheists get a real kick out of
my unique perspective. And such mental foreplay is something that MOST hackers I meet, really appreciate.

Other hackers send their humor through now and then...so I certainly think your wish to eliminate some camaraderie
and very relevant humor into the mix...is wrong thinking.

Hopefully, you'll reconsider...the  BUUG list is for all levels of hackers, and certainly a place when we can
schmooze, as well as talk hard science and math.

I am disappointed in your lack of sense of humor Jon. After all, this is how we conversed at times, many times, in our
meatspace gatherings. I'd think you and others here, would want to CELEBRATE my keener insight into the hacker
mind, as reflected by my humorous re-introduction to the BUUG list.

So: as no longer one who runs BUUG in any aspect--even though I founded it...I am registering a complaint as a
subscriber, to re-open the door to "newbies", and those who want to include schmoozing along with educating and
questioning, on our BUUG list.

Jon, there ARE hackers out there who are NOT atheist. There ARE hackers out there who are NOT libertarians.
There ARE hackers out there who are NOT heterosexual (and who refuse to stay in any closet you point to). There
ARE hackers who are NOT humorless.

Jon, Jon, Jon. For shame.

---
Zeke for Gay President, 2004: