Re. [buug] Security Matters and Anti-Matters

Ezekiel Krahlin ezekielk at myrealbox.com
Wed Aug 7 17:26:21 PDT 2002

8/7/02 5:07:50 PM, johnd <john at jjdev.com> wrote:

>I am someone who appreciates humor but I also appreciate people staying
>on topic on mailing lists...

Jon, why are you putting me on the defense over a trivial matter such as cracking some jokes on our list? When did
humor become verboten among Unix hackers and their supporters?

I was quite on topic...I started the topic. I did NOT cut into anyone else's topic. And my topic was a mix of geek
humor, celebration of hackers and the PC underground, and shared information. I believe it was a brilliant little piece
of writing that only the hacker mind would truly appreciate.

And this is what I get, instead of a joyful "welcome back, you clown"?

If you want to shun newbies and analog types--no matter how brilliant-minded they are. who could add fresh insight
into the Unix world--then why not just change the description of BUUG on the website. It's NOT for newbies, it's for
a bunch of cliquish geeks who are afraid of non-math minds. Really!

If you no longer want BUUG to be a bridge between hackers and non-hackers (but supporters), in order to wean
our society off Microsoft and other pabulum PC ploys, then so be it. Just please change BUUG's description.

Further: You may as well add "NO FAGS" to the home pages, too. How dare you suggest I shut up about including
my gay sensibilities, along with my activist ones, and my philosophical ones, and my unique humor, and on and on.
This just won't do!