Re. [buug] Security Matters and Anti-Matters

Jon McClintock jammer at weak.org
Wed Aug 7 18:00:53 PDT 2002

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 05:26:21PM -0700, Ezekiel Krahlin wrote:
> 8/7/02 5:07:50 PM, johnd <john at jjdev.com> wrote:
>
> >I am someone who appreciates humor but I also appreciate people staying
> >on topic on mailing lists...
>
> Jon, why are you putting me on the defense over a trivial matter such as cracking some jokes on our list? When did
> humor become verboten among Unix hackers and their supporters?

Zeke,

Note number one that I did not write that message. Note number two that
I had asked you, politely, to abstain from making socio-political
ramblings on the mailing list. You're welcome to come to the meetings
and engage whoever's interested in dialog. It's not welcome on the list.

This is not an anti-gay thing. This is not an anti-whatever thing. Those
topics aren't what I want to see on this mailing list.

People are welcome to engage in on-topic discussion, ask questions, and
what-not. Remember, Berkeley _Unix_ User Group. I'd like the mailing
list to stay focused on things like that. The meetings are fair game.

-Jon