Re. [buug] Security Matters and Anti-Matters

Ezekiel Krahlin ezekielk at myrealbox.com
Wed Aug 7 22:36:08 PDT 2002

8/7/02 10:08:34 PM, Michael Salmon <ms at formulae.org> wrote:

>Your messages remind of the writings on the Dr. Bronners soap.
>Which is fine to read when you're in the shower or the toilet,

With such high standards, I can easily imagine you using Shakespeare's
pages to cushion hemorrhoids

>but when I'm at my computer I prefer not to read utter crap.

You need a chill pill, dude. It is not my fault so many clueless stick-in-the-mud folks participate in this list. I founded
BUUG, and wanted to drop by again, and make everyone laugh. Instead, I get this pathetic response from jaded
programmers too self-centered to see the world beyond their screens.

My writing is way too subtle for you to grasp; but that doesn't mean EVERYONE reads the same things into my
works as you do. Just because you're not in the mood this moment, to share a joke a two, gives you no right to
insult and harass. My, what a snotty little clique we have here now, don't we?

>Your complaint about opening the list up to "newbies" is silly.
>If a newbie mailed the list asking "How do I type in bash?"

Ah, but if a newbie was also a good writer, and enjoyed sharing pieces of his prose on his attempts to write
CyberPunk parodies...this is somehow "off topic", "inappropriate", or "wrong"? Since when does hacking only
involve the cold, mathematical side? What about all the creative inspiration that came from the non-science side of
reality? My ability to see the world through a hacker's mind is thanks to all the hacker friends I have made, and even
sometimes helped.

So I see no excuse for ANYONE who respects other hackers, to not appreciate some off-the-wall humor...which
also contains some real puzzles for those hackers really in the know, to identify and solve. Plus, I did ask some help
with tracking down an ISP's reason for seeming to almost disappear...as well as some questions on very lax security
with many ISP's, banks and other powerful institutions. Gee, I guess the issue of computer security is off topic here,
too...when Zeke brings it up?

>I'm sure someone would answer, or at least they wouldnt get flamed.

Clueless is as clueless does.
Vote for me or Steven Woz.

---
Zeke for Gay President, 2004: