[buug] Hello, I'm new.

f.johan.beisser jan at caustic.org
Mon Aug 12 23:54:42 PDT 2002

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Bonkers the Evil Admin (Matt Bockman) wrote:

> Umm.. I can't make the install fest as I live in San Diego.

long way away, for a Berkeley Unix User Group mailing list. but, if you're
looking for unix help over the net, this doesn't hurt.

> What do you do at an installfest?

much like what it sounds like, really. install a bunch of machines, help
newbies out, and enjoy the afternoon in geek heaven.

> I've got a DvD-RW (HP's) and lotsa blanks (err...  I think I'm running
> out, time to go to Fry's)... I've got a 2.2 megabit connection (down)
> and I can download everything.

useful, that. if you have the hardware to spare, install a bunch of
different OSs, to find what you like best.

> What exactly is an installfest? I'm very interested now.

i think i covered it well enough above.

  http://caustic.org/~jan                      jan at caustic.org
    "John Ashcroft is really just the reanimated corpse
         of J. Edgar Hoover." -- Tim Triche