[buug] Hello, I'm new.

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Aug 12 23:57:22 PDT 2002

Quoting Bonkers the Evil Admin (Matt Bockman) (bonkers at thetechbox.com):

> Umm.. I can't make the install fest as I live in San Diego. What do you
> do at an installfest?

Here you go:  http://linuxmafia.com/cabal/installfest/

We sit around and bullshit.  We occasionally help somebody install
something, and/or help solve technical problems.  Or play with something
really nice that someone has brought or is working on.  Or all of the
above.

In years past, at least half the aim of an installfest was to alert a
surprised-as-hell general computing public to the fact that
free-as-in-speech *ix variants are alive and extremely prosperous.
There's a great deal less need for that, in 2002, when this is no longer
news to people.

These days, installfests continue to the extent that people find them to
be enough fun to justify the logistical and other headaches.  When the
headaches start to increase (which might include people expecting heroic
measures to get them copies of CD images), we act to reduce them.  ;->

--
This message falsely claims to have been scanned for viruses with F-Secure
Anti-Virus for Microsoft Exchange and to have been found clean.