[buug] Who's this kid from San Diego? (Me)

Bob Read unixjavabob at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 13 10:51:18 PDT 2002

> Jason wrote:
> >I might argue that it's good to get C out of the
> way early, as it's
> >still very handy to know

Whether you learn it now, or learn it later isn't the
issue.  The issue is since EVERYTHING out there is
based on or related to C in at least some small way,
life is much easier AFTER you learn it.

Besides that, isn't there evolution going on?  So even
if someone invents a totally new computer
platform/language, that person knew C and thus the new
platform/language is evolved from C?

To sum it up:  skipping C is like skipping a year of
Trigonometry.  Sure, you'll get by in Calc...but not
as well as if you'd learned Trig.

My god, we're talking about a young man's future
here...this isn't a video game!  Matt from San
Diego--learn C while you still have the chance!!
(sounds of gunfire) AAAArrrrgg!!!

Bob

=====
Bob Read
Senior Unix Administrator/DBA/Programmer
cell (510)-703-1634
unixjavabob at yahoo.com