[buug] I've been getting 2 of Everything, why?

Ian Zimmerman itz at speakeasy.org
Tue Aug 13 11:42:07 PDT 2002

Jon> My last piece of advice is to pick up a data structures book, in
Jon> whatever language you're going to start out with. Learn about
Jon> data structures, and what they're used for. You may change your
Jon> preferred programming language dozens of times, but you will
Jon> still make use of a good understanding of data structures.

I definitely agree with that, but I also think you're making my point
just a little bit.

A data structure book with C as the implementation language, with
equivalent coverage, is going to be about 5 times thicker (just an
unscientific guess) than one based on any of the other languages
discussed.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087