[buug] links to sites for forming your own corporation

Bob Read unixjavabob at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 15 13:44:24 PDT 2002

(sound of crickets chirping)

Ummm...only 1 person replied to my posts about
starting up your own corporation, yet this is a HUGE
topic in our industry, what with the crackdown on
Independent Contracting and all...

I suppose everyone either a) is a business entity
owner but not willing to share info on this list, b)
is not a business entity owner, or c) would reply, but
hasn't....in anycase, I'm still on my own.  I would
still appreciate any advice from anyone who may be
lurking on this topic!

Thank God for the net.

Here's some info you guys might be able to use should
you ever do the same:

Aaron T. Porter sent me NoLo...it rules for legal
definitions, but starting a business is really much
more than just legal stuff:

http://www.nolo.com/lawcenter/ency/article.cfm/objectID/A30CE890-BBAA-4B8A-AD66A33FA038988B

This comparison cuts through all the bullshit of S
Corp vs. LLC (I just hope it's trustworthy advice):

http://www.nvinc.com/CaliforniaLLC.htm

One of the better sites describing business entities
in general (they also will file the papers for you):

http://www.activefilings.com/states/california.htm

A plethora of advice...great site:

http://business-law.freeadvice.com/corporations/

These guys promise to do it all for you for a couple
of hundred dollars (sounds like a good deal...maybe
too good?):

http://www.incorporatetime.com/LLCfee.htm

=====
Bob Read
Senior Unix Administrator/DBA/Programmer
cell (510)-703-1634
unixjavabob at yahoo.com