[buug] Refresh rate?

Ian Zimmerman itz at speakeasy.org
Fri Aug 16 11:17:10 PDT 2002

itz> Playing with xvidtune could help.  You can't directly _set_ the
itz> refresh rate that way, but it is computed from the changeable
itz> variables and displayed.

Skip> Do you know what variables I should change to bring it down?
Skip> It's all greek to me in that thing.

"Shorter" or "Narrower".

On another thought, your description of the problem sounds vaguely
like the description of an interlaced mode.  Maybe you should run "X
-probeonly" and check that the server is not selecting an interlaced
mode for you.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
GPG: 433BA087  9C0F 194F 203A 63F7 B1B8  6E5A 8CA3 27DB 433B A087