encrypted list? (Re: [buug] keysigning?)

Jeremy Brand, B.S. jeremy at nirvani.net
Fri Aug 16 21:38:27 PDT 2002

Thus spake Rick Moen:

> Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 21:15:31 -0700
> From: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
> To: buug at weak.org
> Subject: Re: [buug] keysigning?
>
> Quoting Jeremy Brand, B.S. (jeremy at nirvani.net):
> > Your assumption about my _apparent_ ideological problem was simply a
> > misunderstanding by you.
>
> Thus spake Rick Moen:
> I honestly don't care, as there seems to be substance to discuss, let
> alone one relevant to the topic.

If you do not care, then maybe you should have considered not bringing it
up.

> Quoting Jeremy Brand, B.S. (jeremy at nirvani.net):
> > I am wondering if discussion on this list is going to end for those of us
> > who can not physically share a key with the members that meet regularly in
> > Berkeley.
>
> Thus spake Rick Moen:
> That continues to be a bizarre question.   Nobody suggested that.  Ian
> is simply going to conduct a keysigning party.

Suggesting Ian is conducting a keysigning party does not answer any
question.

BTW, that is not the question anyway.  The simplified question I asked
was:

> "Is the list going to be closed to those who can physically NOT provide
> public keys at the meeting with picture ID?"

(Rick,) If you do not have an answer to this question - then there really
is no need to respond, is there?  (And, for the record, this is a
rhetorical question).  Your continuation of not answering a question (or
questions) is only going to (IMO) detract from someone with a useful
answer from answering - and it would be nice to know (that's why I asked).
Your helpfulness may have been overstated.

Thanks,
Jeremy