encrypted list? (Re: [buug] keysigning?)

Jeremy Brand, B.S. jeremy at nirvani.net
Fri Aug 16 22:11:38 PDT 2002

> Quoting Jeremy Brand, B.S. (jeremy at nirvani.net):
> > If you do not care, then maybe you should have considered not bringing it
> > up.
>
> Thus spake Rick Moen:
> If memory serves (and it does), you were the one who asked.

Actually, no.  You brought up the fact that you did not understand my
shibboleth - unless it is something else that you do not care about.

> Quoting Jeremy Brand, B.S. (jeremy at nirvani.net):
> > Suggesting Ian is conducting a keysigning party does not answer any
> > question.
>
> Thus spake Rick Moen:
> Well, that's all that Ian spoke of.  And the listadmin is Jon McClintock,
> not Ian.

Actually, no.  Please re-read the first message in this thread.  Ian
_did_ speak of people voicing support of encryping communications on
this list.
Quoting Ian:
> Recently people have voiced support for encrypted communication on this
> list; and I feel that our group is an excellent example of one which has
> developed some degree of IRL mutual trust, that could be reused in our
> online lives.

My question still stands unanswered:

Is the list going to be closed to those who can physically NOT provide
public keys at the meeting with picture ID?

Which (one could imagine) evolves naturally to this question:
Is this list going to be encrypted? (regardless of physical exchange of
keys and IDs).

Jeremy