[buug] Newbie question - obsolete sessions?

Skip Evans evans at ncseweb.org
Wed Aug 28 11:00:56 PDT 2002

Hey all,

Got my freeBSD box up and going and am in the process of configuring majordomo. I'm telneting to it right now from a PC in the office. I just closed the cmd shell on the PC yesterday while logged in as root and when I logged in as myself today I see a root session running but now IP address.

Is that a session the system always has up for some reason or is it my old session that I did not log out from yesterday? It doesn't show my IP address like the session under my name does.

Skip Evans
Network Project Director
National Center for Science Education
420 40th St, Suite 2
Oakland, CA 94609
510-601-7203
510-601-7204 (fax)
800-290-6006
evans at ncseweb.org
 http://www.ncseweb.org

NCSE now has a one way broadcast news list. Please note that this is NOT a discussion list. You cannot post messages for members to receive. We use this list to broadcast news about the creationism/evolution issue to interested parties.

To sign up send:
subscribe ncse your at email.address
to: majordomo at inia.cls.org